Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I just finished Code Ge (both seasons) and I'm looking for something similar?

I just started watching anime a while ago and I just finished the code ge series. I'm looking for a similar anime. That's a broad statement, so I'll try to explain what exactly made me enjoy code ge. I was first drawn to the series because of its geopolitical story line. I loved the idea of a kid trying to topple a corrupt absolute monarchy, and this is why I watched it despite it's mecha elements. I was able to embrace this element because the story at least tried to address how these war machines came into existence. They were tools used in the conflict, not the main focus of the story. Then, as I continued to watch, I found myself enjoying the epic scale of the story and battles. I found the tactical genius of the protagonist very appealing, as well as the large-scale battles. The emotional depth and moral ambiguity of the story got to me too. Two friends fighting on opposite sides of an epic conflict, working towards the same goal through drastically different means. In addition, the story addressed the realities of war and how they affected the protagonist and other characters. So to sum it up, the geopolitical story line is what first drew me into the show, along with the supernatural ability given to the protagonist to accomplish his goals. The scale and tactics of the individual battles and overall war kept me watching, along with the impacts the conflict had on each character's life. I'm looking for something along the same lines; An intriguing protagonist using his gifts and abilities to bring revolution or change, good supporting characters, great tactical battles, large scale war and the unintended effects of such a conflict on the different characters. Thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment